Hey guys :]

updates: thank your for visiting :]

Monday, December 24, 2007

"That's Hauttte Fashion"

As my very first post, I think it's fair that I explain why I made a blog...random stuff like that. First of all, the name. I'm definitely NOT some Paris Hilton wannabe. There's actually a story behind my name....

[Once upon a time] I went to a summer camp and met a Korean fob (Urban dictionary def.:Fob (Fresh Off tha Boat)- You were not born in AmericaYou speak your native language fluently and so do all your friends- You do not have any non-Asian friends- Your parents do not speak any English- When you speak English, you like to make everything pluralYour fashion sense comes from whatever country you're from and you incorporate nothing from American fashion into your wardrobe) who talked...well...differently. To him, everything was "hot" and whenever there was an awkward silence moment, you can always count on him to be that one voice saying "that's hott!!" (Notice the two t's in hott for added emphasis) Anyways, fast forward to two weeks later. My friends and I are at the local mall, and who calls me but the fob from summer camp! (don't worry, to him being FOB was a compliment). We ended up eating dinner with him when *dun dun dun* his friends walk in the restaurant. There's three of them, they all look the same, have black bold-rimmed glasses, they all have a high-tech cell phone in one hand and one earphone in an ear. All identical to my Fob. One certain friend and I were suppressing laughter, especially when my Fob goes "That's hot" in his little accent. (so it sounds more like "That's hooooooott" I hope my fob has never heard of Paris Hilton. Now, "That's hott" is one inside joke that will sadly stick for quite awhile...

Back to my actual blog name. "That's hott" (a huge inside joke; plus it's sort of a catchy phrase) was changed to "haute" to make it more elegant, two more t's were added for emphasis, and fashion was added at the end because THAT is what my blog is about, but forgive me if I ever get off topic. Thus, "That's Hauttte Fashion"

The end. :]

0 comments: